Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyTurboUSA Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

CANARY AS A PET Options
wolfcafe
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2009 5:42:57 PM

We have a canary, and unfortunately the first music he heard was Hank Williams singing.(note: we do like Hank’s

song’s). But, he only likes old Country

Western since he was a little guy. If we change a CD to

Classic Rock, Opera or even Classical Music he pouts. We

named him Hank. Go figure. Canaries are actually very intelligent,and brain scientists are currently studying them because they not only remember their first songs,but are continually creating new tunes. So the brain scientists are looking for new cures for dementia by studying the brain activities of the canary among other observations.
Sponsor  

wolfcafe
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2009 9:34:28 AM

Good reminder alpha....As I read your words about your birds, Hank is busy singing his songs that do remind us of

the beauty ahead, and the beauty this moment.
bonaccipaul
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2009 11:20:40 AM

Ihad pet bird once they were snow white doves. I started with 2 and ened up with 7. I named them after the people on Giligans Island. They all died. How I do not know. They sure made alot of noise for such little things and they pooped alot.
wolfcafe
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2009 8:01:01 PM

Doves are very beautiful.

What did you feed them? Were they in a large aviary with trees?

We have hundreds of wild Doves here. They seem to thrive well even when it is 35 degrees in Autumn. I feed them

left over millet strands from Hank’s stash.
bonaccipaul
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2009 9:34:41 PM

We have two acres well just under 2 acres. Most of our area is covered with trees and we live about a block and a half from a river. It is very beautiful herei in the spring, summer and fall. Winther only when you have a fresh snow or when the ice is frozen on all the trees. It almost does not look real. But once you go outside you know it is. We have lots of different birds around here. I love the blue Jays, the Cardinals and A few I have yet to identify. We also have hawks and a bald Eagle which nest somewhere in our area. We have some Owls that make Lots of noise. We had a 120 Elm Tree in our front yard until a storm on June 26th last year. It was about 15 feet from our front door. Thankfully when the storm slammed it down ot fell directly in front of our home. The owls would sit on it’s braches and we would go out ant look up at them at night. We loast abot 40 trees in that storm so now we have a sunny front door.