Home  •  Forum  •  Blogs  •  E-Mail  •  Support Categories
MyTurboUSA Categories Finance Travel Real Estate Games Autos Entertainment
Welcome Guest Active Topics |

THINGS TO FIX Options
sodatart
#1 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 5:29:21 PM

There are no emoticons

Every time I post I get an exception report error.

The lack of response from support here is deafening:)
Sponsor  

sodatart
#2 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 4:37:03 AM

Ok Jeff, I am suspicious. When someone, me for instance enters the forum the viewer count starts climbing, it has gotten to be humorous. What have you done to trigger the increase of the guest count when someone posts or signs in, hmmmmmmmm? It never fails and is usually always the same amount.. Before you fixed the exception errors, the count would appear there and also where the post was. Usually always the same amount in the exception topic. I can see that as a possibility by a good programmer to make people think there is interest here when there is not? No use for me to continue posting if there is no audience, right?
sodatart
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:23:03 PM

sodatart wrote:

There are no emoticons

Every time I post I get an exception report error.(FIXED)

The lack of response from support here is deafening:)

EDIT: STILL CAN'T DO A "POLL"
sodatart
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 11:41:02 PM

When you compose an email or reply and then send this is all you get as a result. Nothing to tell you that your email went anywhere.

NOTHING BUT "RETURN TO INBOX"
pgculater
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:42:16 AM

I'm also having a problem with e-mail: the compose button brings up only the top part of the compose page. Tool bar and text box never show. Tried to send SOMETHING using the address and subject lines, clicking send, but no go.
I can't contact tech service because clicking on their link opens a Microsoft mail program that thinks I'm still connected to an old pop3 server I quit using when I signed up with Turbo. If I had tech services e-mail address, I could just compose an...oh,wait.
christie
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 10:14:58 AM

I had the same problem with my email. I clicked on compose an email and then clicked on the page icon, scrolled to encoding clicked on western-europe and it fixed the problem. hope this was good info...
christie
sodatart
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 1:05:05 PM

pgculater wrote:
I'm also having a problem with e-mail: the compose button brings up only the top part of the compose page. Tool bar and text box never show. Tried to send SOMETHING using the address and subject lines, clicking send, but no go.
I can't contact tech service because clicking on their link opens a Microsoft mail program that thinks I'm still connected to an old pop3 server I quit using when I signed up with Turbo. If I had tech services e-mail address, I could just compose an...oh,wait.

Besides Christie's suggestion, check your preferences in options to see if there is something in there that might help. I know that the email system works better if you have it set for plain text rather than rich text, remember to save after you make any changes.:)
sodatart
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 3:19:04 PM

SUGGESTIONS FROM ANOTHER SOURCE, ANOTHER FORUM. I POSTED YOUR PROBLEM TO GET MORE POSSIBLE ANSWERS FOR YOU PG. He sounds gruff but he is not.:)

"Nobody ever wants to hear this, but that's too bad. I recommend downloading and using a REAL email client and not using webmail. By REAL I mean something like Thunderbird or Eudora or even Netscape 4 but never never never any product of Microsoft.

Why?

1. A REAL email client allows work off-line. Webmail fails in unpredictable ways if the connection is lost.

2. A REAL email client supports saving your mail on your 'puter. Webmail is inherently cloud-like. Specifically, the TURBOUSA webmail page doesn't support saving a local copy without a lot of effort.

3. A REAL email client isn't all aspx-y and AJAX-y and it doesn't depend on intricate and delicate user-agent settings and javascript versions and style sheets to display correctly, unlike TURBOS email web page. Specifically, the TURBO login mail page is a Real Piece Of Work(tm). It's assembled out of more than thirty pieces---each piece downloaded as a separate file---and then assembled using a pair of style sheets and a bunch of javascript. The folders page that is displayed after login is about twice that. BTW, notice that the URL is always "http://www.turbousa.com/WebMail/" no matter what webmail page is actually being displayed---that's the AJAX in action.

The executive summary from here is IMNSHO the OP's problem isn't worth fixing. It almost certainly is specific to exactly one 'puter and webmail is mail the hard way anyhow. I suggest that they get a REAL email client and spend five minutes setting it up. End of rant.

Example settings for a REAL email client
Incoming server: mail.turbousa.com
Incoming port: 110
Outgoing server: mail.turbousa.com
Outgoing port: 25
Mail type: POP3"
sodatart
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:30:30 AM

AND ANOTHER:

"I can't contact tech service because clicking on their link opens a Microsoft mail program that thinks I'm still connected to an old pop3 server I quit using when I signed up with XXX."

If you hover your mouse pointer over (what I assume to be) the link, it probably looks something like mailto:user@example.com. The actual email address in that case is user@example.com. If you are using Firefox, IIRC, right clicking on the link will give you the option (among others) to "copy email address" (or something like that). You can use that to put just the email address in a local mail client or web mail. If you are using a less civilized browser, you can copy the entire link and then manually remove the "mailto:" part. Of course, you will then need working email to actually send an email. In addition to local clients like another mentioned, there are a number of free email services around such as Yahoo, Gmail, etc, etc, etc ...
pgculater
#10 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 5:09:24 AM

Thank you. I'll try that. I really am a dumbo when it comes to computers. I tried to open a Gmail account last year and couldn't get it to work. It is not possible that Gmail is not one of the easiest things on the internet to work with, but there's my definition of a dumbo. However, I'll try again. Maybe I've osmotically incorporated a little savvy by reading Soda Tart's posts.
Thanks again.
pgculater
#11 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 6:24:01 AM

Hey, thenks to everybody who offered help on my compose button problem.
Problem solved thanks to Christie's magic tip.
I didn't realize it was there, at first. clicking on Forum drops me to the last post, and it didn't occur to me to scroll up. (The left margin numbers should have been a clue.) Thanks to Soda Tart's reference, I finally thought to look.
This internet thingy is amazing.
sodatart
#12 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 10:49:37 AM

pgculater wrote:
Hey, thenks to everybody who offered help on my compose button problem.
Problem solved thanks to Christie's magic tip.
I didn't realize it was there, at first. clicking on Forum drops me to the last post, and it didn't occur to me to scroll up. (The left margin numbers should have been a clue.) Thanks to Soda Tart's reference, I finally thought to look.
This internet thingy is amazing.

Hey don't thank me:) I didn't do anything but post others comments. You are doing better than me, I am still trying to figure out Christie's suggestions? LMHO!
"clicked on the page icon,"

GOOD JOB CHRISTIE!!!
sodatart
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 12:26:12 PM

It would be nice to see the time somewhere on the forum page even if it is eastern time:)